Proceed through the following steps to create a new user account on Windows Server and grant it remote desktop access
- Log into your server as an Administrator, and click the Windows logo on the bottom left of the screen
- Start typing 'computer management' and click Computer Management when the search results are displayed
- On the Computer Management window, click Local Users and Groups
- Right-click Users then select New User
- Enter the details of the new user account, adjusting any options as appropriate, click Create. (close the New User window if it remains open)
- Open Groups in the Local Users and Groups section of the Computer Management window
- Double-click Remote Desktop Users then click Add
- Enter the newly created account username in the bottom field and click OK
- Click OK again on the next window.
The user can now log in with the new account using a remote desktop client.