If you have purchased additional Remote Desktop user licenses with your Mammoth Cloud Windows server, Mammoth Cloud staff will require an administrator level account on the server to manage remote desktop licence key packs, and install remote desktop services as necessary.
If your server is self-managed, Mammoth Cloud staff will not log into any server to perform administrative tasks, investigate and troubleshoot issues, or for any other reason except for the sole purpose of managing remote desktop license key packs purchased from Mammoth Cloud, and installing remote desktop services as required.
Proceed through the following steps to create a new user account on Windows Server for Mammoth Cloud and grant it Administrator privileges.
- Log into your server as an Administrator, and click the Windows logo on the bottom left of the screen
- Start typing 'computer management' and click Computer Management when the search results are displayed
- On the Computer Management window, click Local Users and Groups
- Right-click Users then select New User
- Enter the user name mammothcloud and the description Mammoth Cloud RD licensing management account
- Enter a strong unique password, and again to confirm the password
- Make a note of the password you entered, as you'll need to provide it to Mammoth Cloud support
- Click Create (close the New User window if it remains open)
- Open Groups in the Local Users and Groups section of the Computer Management window
- Double-click Administrators then click Add
- Enter mammothcloud in the bottom field and click OK
- Click OK again on the next window
Once the above steps have been completed, reply to the 'Remote Desktop SAL License Information' email and let us know that the account has been created, and provide the password.